The only good approach to measure the energy efficiency of our thin, reflective insulation is by comparing the real energy consumption (see test report from Eliosys) whereas the Energy Performance Certificate (EPC) is only a theoretical estimation of the energy requirements of a building.
However a good EPC is important!
ALUTHERMO® AND THE EPC: CLEAR RESULTS
According to the new European standard EN16012, ALUTHERMO OPTIMA has a certified thermal resistance of R=2,37 m².K/W (*). That’s why we established 4 EPC certificates :
- An EPC for the building without roof insulation.
- An EPC with 240 MM OF CELLULOSE as roof insulation (R=6 m²K/W).
- An EPC for the same building with only ALUTHERMO OPTIMA as roof insulation (R=2,37 m²K/W following to EN 16012).
- An EPC for the same building where ALUTHERMO OPTIMA as roof insulation is combined with 60 MM of mineral wool.
|THE RESULTS||WITHOUT ROOF INSULATION|
|CELLULOSE 240 MM|
R = 6
|ALUTHERMO OPTIMA 42 MM|
R = 2,37
+ 60 MM MINERAL WOOL
R = 4
|Calculated energy consumption||CLASSIFICATION D||CLASSIFICATION B||CLASSIFICATION B||CLASSIFICATION B|
|Heat demand of the building||172 kWh/m²/year||66 kWh/m²/year||73 kWh/m²/year||66 kWh/m²/year|
(*) Performance data only valid for the installation between 2 air gaps without direct contact (see installation instructions of the product).
- Compared to a non-insulated roof, the investment of the roof insulation with ALUTHERMO OPTIMA is paid off in about 3 years.
- According to the EPC, the estimated consumption of the building which was insulated with only ALUTHERMO OPTIMA, is only 7 kWh/m²/year higher than the consumption of the building which was insulated with 240 MM OF CELLULOSE.
- The EPC of this building achieves the same classification B with ALUTHERMO OPTIMA or a 240 MM thick insulation.
- According to this estimation, it fulfils to supplement with 60 MM of mineral wool to achieve the same consumption as 240 MM OF CELLULOSE as insulation.
Compare this information and the important additional costs as well as the lost space to install a 240 MM thick insulation, and the choice is clear!
Simply roll out ALUTHERMO OPTIMA and you will get a qualitative EPC!
Download here the EPC certificates:
ALUTHERMO OPTIMA – EFFECTIVE. THIN. EASY TO INSTALL.
- Insulation and vapour barrier all in one
- Comfort in winter and heat protection in summer
- Can be combined to another insulation
- Reduces thermal bridges
- Optimisation of the air tightness
- Height of the rafters without significance